Now is the time. Activate your future.
Make Birmingham yours
Complete the form below for detailed programme and pricing information and to be contacted by phone and email.
Go further with the Birmingham MBA
Elevate your career with an online MBA from the University of Birmingham. Offering new skills in business and leadership, this programme delivers an integrative learning experience along with the opportunity to focus on your own career development. You’ll study online to receive the same degree certificate as campus students and graduate from the triple-crown accredited Birmingham Business School ready to transform the future of business.
Gain a global perspective
Our AMBA-accredited online MBA offers flexibility, convenience, and collaboration with international colleagues to gain essential knowledge to achieve your career goals. Designed with a responsible business focus, the Birmingham MBA offers three intakes each year and imparts hands-on experiences within specialised modules to tailor your learning and translate valuable skills to your current or future business role. Immersive study opportunities are available face-to-face in the UK, UAE, Singapore, Mexico, and Europe – plus, the option to take up to three modules at one of three different campuses in the UK, UAE, or Singapore.
- 100% Online or blended
- 2 Years
- PGDip/Cert exit pathways available
Become a responsible, reflective, and resilient global business leader for the future whilst also balancing your own career interests with an integrative learning experience on the Birmingham online MBA. Pathway options include:
- MBA with Marketing
- MBA with International Business and Strategy
- MBA with Innovation and Business Transformation
- 100% online
- 2 Years
- PGDip/Cert exit pathways available
Respond to the growing challenges facing healthcare and empower yourself to lead smarter, more effective healthcare systems. By uniquely focusing on both health service management and business leadership, this specialism will equip both clinical and non-clinical professionals with the ability and confidence to lead clinical experts and effect change.
- 100% online
- 2 Years
- PGDip/Cert exit pathways available
Harness your engineering expertise and integrate it with responsible business practices to set yourself apart as a leader who can make a lasting impact on both your organisation and society. You’ll become polished in entrepreneurial and systems thinking, analysis, and self-awareness.
Hands-on learning with practice-based assignments
In convenient online modules, you’ll engage with a small, diverse group of peers to gain global insights and varied perspectives on modern business topics. Study a modern curriculum that emphasises curiosity, thought leadership and responsible business skills while preparing you for career advancement opportunities.
- Responsible Business
- Purposeful Leader
- Strategy in a Complex and Uncertain World
- People Management and Organisations
- MBA Company Project
Excellence in distance learning
The University of Birmingham’s online courses encourage students to elevate their ideas and reshape the world. You’ll have the freedom to study whenever and wherever it works best for you while benefitting from world-class instruction delivered by the same lecturers and faculty experts who teach on campus. Enjoy the flexibility of online learning with convenient modules that prioritize immersive activities and lively discussions. Graduate poised to step into your desired role with new knowledge and skills gained from a research-informed, career-centred programme.
Entry to the online MBA
For entry to the online MBA programme, you must have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree from a UK university OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution. Given the nature of this programme, applicants should have five years of professional management experience or at least three years in cases of exceptional potential. Additional entry criteria are detailed below.
Offer in principle for qualifying students
Students who meet the following requirements are eligible for entry to the online MBA. Applicants who meet standard entry criteria will receive an offer in principle within 48 hours.
Academic entry requirements:
|Students must have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
|Given the nature of this programme, applicants should have five years of professional management experience and at least three years in cases of exceptional potential. This includes the management of budgets, people, and projects.
MBA with Clinical Leadership:
Relevant management experience must be within a health or clinical setting.
MBA with Engineering Leadership:
Relevant management experience must be from an engineering background.
We welcome applicants with an appetite for learning. Since the MBA with Engineering Leadership combines modules from multiple disciplines, expect to cover mathematics, starting at secondary schooling level and above.
|Evidence of language (if applicable)
|If English is not your first language, you will also need to supply an up-to-date English language certificate. Please see the detailed language criteria listed in the English Language Entry Criteria tab.
Leverage your experience
If you do not meet standard entry criteria, we may accept applications with a lower degree and significant work experience.
If you apply using the criteria below, you may be required to participate in an interview. You will also be required to submit:
- One reference
- A personal statement
With an upper second-class degree, or equivalent qualification from a UK university or recognised institution with evidence of at least 3 years of significant management experience.
With a second- or third-class degree, or equivalent qualification from a UK university or recognised institution with evidence of at least 5-7 years of relevant management experience.
In exceptional cases we may accept a small number of applicants who have no degree but can demonstrate a lot of professional strength and seniority. We would expect these applicants to have at least 10 years of management experience.
Earn an internationally recognised MBA
At the University of Birmingham, we’re shaping the future of the business industry through pioneering research and world-class degree programmes that prepare graduates to succeed in a global community.
If English is not your first language, you will need to supply an up-to-date English language certificate. See the details below.
- Academic IELTS certificates with a score of 6.5, and no less than 6.0 in any band
- TOEFL with a score of 88, and no less than 21 in ‘Reading’, 20 in ‘Listening’, 22 in ‘Speaking’, and 21 in ‘Writing’
- Pearson PTE with a score of 67 and no less than 64 in all four skills
- Cambridge Advanced English with a minimum overall score of 176 and no less than 169 in any component
- Language Cert ESOL SELT B2 ‘Communicator’ test certificate with a minimum score of 33 in each skill
- Trinity ISE III with a ‘Pass’ in each skill
- HKDSE with a minimum score of 4 overall, to include three bands at grade 4 and one band at grade 3
- India Standard XII with a minimum pass of 80% in ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra or 75% in West Bengal, or 85% in other state boards
You may not need to provide evidence of your English language abilities if:
- You’re from a specified majority English-speaking country
- You’ve completed a degree in English in a specified country within two years of your intended start date
If nationals from the following countries have a degree or GCSE English grade 4/C equivalent taken, then they do not need to provide a test and there is no validity period for their degree or GCSE equivalent.
Nationals of other countries can be exempt if they hold a degree from one of the below countries within the last two academic years:
- British Overseas Territories
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands (and Dependencies)
- South Georgia
- South Sandwich Islands
- Ducie and Oeno Islands
- Saint Helena (and Dependencies)
- Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Republic of Ireland
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- West Indies
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Invest in your future
The estimated total cost of this programme is £24,284 GBP. You can pay in full or in instalments of £1,868 per module. All costs are listed in order to help you make an informed decision.
Programme fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change each academic year.
“Being an online student, I can confidently say that choosing the University of Birmingham for my studies has been one of the best decisions I have made. The University’s world-class reputation and rigorous curriculum have challenged and expanded my knowledge, preparing me to take on real-world business challenges with confidence.”– Alexander Oketch, Online MBA student, Kenya
Elevate your career with an MBA
With an online MBA from the University of Birmingham, you’ll be prepared for career advancement with a prestigious degree that’s highly sought after by top graduate employers.2 At Birmingham, you’ll build an important network of international colleagues, gain board-level consultancy skills and learn to solve business challenges with the most effective tools and processes.
- Bespoke, in-house and lifelong career advice from professionally qualified consultants
- Free access to helpful resources, such as LinkedIn Learning and AMBA Career Development
- Entrepreneurial assistance for those looking to start a business via the B Start-up programme
- Extended learning opportunities that allow you to take one of any optional modules up to three years after graduation at no additional cost
- Access to industry links and corporate partners including Deloitte, PwC, KPMG, HSBC and Ernst & Young
We do more than educate. We inspire. We activate.
The University of Birmingham’s 100% online degree programmes are designed to the same standards as our on-campus courses, with research-informed content and the latest in digital learning techniques. Study whenever and wherever it suits you in flexible, career-centred modules with instruction from the foremost experts in your field. Take the first step in transforming your career today by learning more about our programmes and finding out why we’re regularly recognized as a top research and learning university.
- Top 100 university3
- 4 in the UK for online learning4
- Russell Group university
- Top UK employers seek our graduates2
- MBA ranked 97th in the world by Financial Times Top 100, 2023
- MBA ranked 98th in the world and 12th in the UK by Economist, 2022
- Online MBA ranked 6th in the UK by QS, 2023
Learn more today!Request Info
- QS Top Universities. “QS Online MBA Rankings: Europe 2023.” Retrieved 27 Dec. 2023 from https://www.topmba.com/
- “The graduate market in 2023.” High Fliers Research Limited. Retrieved 27 Dec. 2023 from https://www.highfliers.co.uk
- QS Top Universities. “QS World University Rankings 2024.” Retrieved 27 Dec. 2023 from https://topuniversities.com/
- Beckett, Max. “Online Learning Index.” Uswitch. 2 Nov. 2022. Retrieved 27 Dec. 2023 from https://uswitch.com/